Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

HYK-Speos-Artemidos-Inscription

HYK-Speos-Artemidos-Inscription 

Golenischeff / Moller vs Davies vs Allen vs Fairman
The pdf file uses the word Hyksos 4 times (but this is not a word translated from the hieroglyphic). All the BS about Hyksos is attributed by "historians" who's source is their own lips and not any hieroglyphic text. (If you chose the word Asiatic or Hyksos, FINE, then point out the hieroglyphic glyphs you use and we will document it for later cross examination)
"Davies copy stands in the original"
Golenischeff did provide poor photographs.
The pdf file reveals the controversy in the translations and goes into great detail.
=============================
From what I have already been given this is the James P. Allen, "The Speos Artemidos Inscription of Hatshepsut", Bulletin of the Egyptological Seminar 16 (2002), pp.1-17, pls.1+2.

Hear ye, all people and folk as many as they may be, I have done these things through the counsel of my heart. I have not slept forgetfully, (but) I have restored that which had been ruined. I have raised up that which had gone to pieces formerly, since the Asiatics were in the midst of Avaris of the Northland, and vagabonds were in the midst of them, overthrowing that which had been made.
(What sketch or photo was the above translation made from?)
=============================
From the pdf file this appears to be the Davies translation of this same section.
Speos Artemidos
Hearken, all ye patricians, and common folk as many as ye be, I have done these things by the
36 device of my heart. 12 I never slumbered as one forgetful, but have made strong what was de-
37 cayed. I have raised up what was dismembered, t even from the first time when 13 the Asiatics
38 were in Avaris of the North land, (with) roving hordes in the midst of them overthrowing what
had been made; they ruled with out I Rec, and he acted not by divine command (?) down to my
39 august self, u I being firm established on the throne of Rec
.=============================
Below is the section of the sketch (lines 36-38) that the translation was made from.
Point out the glyphs that you translate to Asiatic/Hyksos so I may compare that word with other hieroglyphics which are supposed to contain that word.
If the word in this sketch is NEVER used in any other hieroglyph, how does one decide it's meaning?
Show us what other hieroglyphic source is  the word you translate to Asiatic/Hyksos is found.


 




So point out the word Asiatic/Hyksos !
~